Whether you are dressed to look the part or simply understating your look, these decorative nails will sure get people ‘ooo-ing’ and ahh-ing’ at your nails and not just the fireworks display. The following 7-step instruction will guide your way to beautiful patriotic nails that simply do say ‘God Bless America’ on every fingertip.
1. Start off with filed, shaped and clean nails and always ensure that you apply one coat of clear base polish on your nails before applying any colour on top. This will protect the surface of your nails and prevent any stain from strong nail polish colours.
2. Using any red nail polish, paint 1 coat on each nail and once dry, paint a second coat on top.
3. Using any deep blue nail polish, paint the top left hand corner of each finger and thumb. Don’t worry if it’s messy, you can use a cotton bud and nail polish remover to clean it up later.
4. With a professional nail dotting tool or even a cocktail stick, carefully draw thin white stripes on the red section to imitate the white stripes on the American Flag.
*Tip* For ease, pour a tiny bit of white nail polish on to a piece of flat cardboard or paper to dip the tool/cocktail stick in instead of dipping straight into the nail polish bottle.
5. With the same tool/cocktail stick and white nail polish, use this to imitate the stars on the flag by dotting small polka dots on the blue section with a pure white nail polish colour.
6. To fix any smudges or nail polish smudges around the finger, dampen a cotton bud with nail polish remover and remove any mistakes.
7. Finally, seal the entire nail polish with a clear top coat to enhance longevity.
*Tip* Remember you can always use nail polish wipes to remove nail polish ready for the next beautiful creation.
What are you waiting for? Get into the patriotic spirit with this ‘stars and stripes’ nail art. It is so trendy right now it can be worn anytime you want!