People like to go to the beach for various reasons, whether it is to throw a Frisbee with the dog, build a sandcastle, go for a dip in the sea, catch a little sun or to have a romantic stroll – a beach is one of those places where it instantly lifts everyone up.
If you plan on making a few beach visits this year, make sure you prepare yourself based on the surroundings – the sun, sand and water. We have come up with a few tips to help you get the most out of you beach adventures.
- Stay sun safe: With sunny days comes UV rays and it is very important to protect your skin from the sun. Even though you can’t see it, the sun can and does damage your skin more than you think so wearing SPF sunscreen is a necessity for you and your loved ones. Regular sunscreen lotion / cream can be greasy /messy for some people, especially when in the sand so opt for sunscreen wipes instead which is less fuss but the same effect. These can be applied evenly across the face and body without the feeling of greasy hands.
- Sandy feet and body refreshers: It is impossible not to get sand anywhere on your body and find even more of it when you get home. Stay fresh when you’re soaking up the sun by taking refreshing body wipes with you and rub this on your face and areas of your body. If you want a break from the sand, use the wipe to remove and of the excess sand from your feet and leave to dry naturally or use a clean/dry towel to dry them
TIP – if you take a cooling box / bag with ice packs contained inside, keep your refreshing body wipes in here so they feel extra cool when using them.*
- Keep those hands clean: A quick snack on the beach is a must whether you’ve brought your own homemade sandwiches or getting some hot chips from the food van. Your hands will have touched all sorts when playing on the beach and it’s best to keep those hands clean before attempting to eat. Washing facilities aren’t always accessible or available on public beaches, but antibacterial hand wipes will rid of any germs on your hands making it easier for you to enjoy your food.
- Bring a first-aid kit: It might not happen, but you may never know when you’re out and about, so it’s better to be prepared. It’s easy to get scrapes or cuts at the beach while you’re out exploring, and you never know what can be left hidden / buried under the surface of the sand. Bringing basics like antiseptic wipes, band-aids, and bandage wrap will make sure you’re ahead of the game.
- Have fun, but be safe: Don’t forget to bring some fun activities to make the most out of your day whether it’s some fun sport equipment, a book, a music player, or a plain ol’ bucket and spade. Just be sure you know where the safety points are, the lifeguards, and bring plenty of water to stay hydrated.
Make your next beach trip a breeze with these simple but useful tips that you might not think of. It can be a fun-filled day but it can also be stressful knowing you don’t have quick access to normal everyday things, so it is best prepare your beach adventure the day before.
Have fun and enjoy the summer filled with memorable beach adventures!