No one wants to get sick this winter so you need to make sure you are following these tips and ensuring that you are protecting yourself from those germs to enjoy a healthy winter season.
- Wash your hands at every opportunity. If you are near a sink, take a moment and wash your hands. Take the time to wash your hands thoroughly too. This is just going to help you keep on top of killing all those germs and the more you do it, you'll get into the routine which will hopefully keep you healthy all the time.
- When washing your hands, be more thorough than normal. Take the time to clean under your nails.
- Avoid touching your face if you can help it. If you are out and about, you’re most likely touching things that other sick people have touched and germs can live on a surface for 24 hours. If you are not able to wash your hands, then avoid touching your mouth, nose and eyes.
- If you are unwell, stay at home. This way you will stop spreading the sickness around and you are helping everyone else out. Plenty of rest is going to help you get better and more importantly you are definitely not being introduced to new germs while you are out and about.
- Stay away from sick people. If you know someone who is sick its probably best to re-arrange plans until they are feeling better.
- If you sneeze or cough, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue, not your hands. Then throw the tissue away and wash your hands to remove any germs that went from the tissue to your hands.
- Wipe down surfaces, keyboards, mice, phones and anything you use on a regular basis.
- Carry hand sanitizer or hand wipes around with you and when you touch a surface, if you cant get to a sink then use that.
That’s how easy it will be to keep yourself healthy this winter season. All you have to do is make sure that you follow these tips and keep yourself and your hands ‘germ free’.