Luckily for you, we have a few tips for you about what to pack, and ways to make your trip extra special.
First of all, what do you really need to pack?
- Be creative and fun! Surprise your partner with a Valentine’s gift or a card
- A nice outfit: If you’re going out for a romantic meal you don’t want to show up in jeans and an old t-shirt, pack a suit or a nice dress. It’s good to make an effort, no matter how long you have been together.
- A few blankets and picnic goodies: You only really need this if you are staying somewhere you are driving to. But if you pack loads of blankets you can spend an evening sitting out under the stars with just a whole load of blanket and pillows – providing it’s not raining!
- DO NOT pack your computer/tablet: It’s not romantic to be checking Instagram every twenty minutes. Leave the tech at home, wherever you’re staying - it will most likely have a phone in case of emergencies.
- Of course, the ‘fun stuff’: sexy lingerie and sex toys if that’s your cup of tea. And intimate wipes will come in handy!
Now that you’re all packed, go online and check out what’s happening where you’re going when you’re there. Even though it’s your getaway weekend it’s good to know what’s happening in the neighborhood if you spontaneously decide to get out from your love nest.
If you and your partner have been together a long time, it’s nice to change things up sometimes. So try something new while you’re away, it can be anything from enjoying a nice romantic meal to saucy things in the bedroom!
Whatever you do, don’t be afraid to surprise your partner! Plan something special, has your partner always wanted to skydive? Then book yourselves a day trip.
Now that your weekend is all planned, all you have to do is go and enjoy it! (Don’t forget to take lots of photos too!) Happy Valentine’s Day.